SPSS on Lion

This is just a quick post for anyone who runs into a problem with graphing in SPSS v18 on Mac OSX Lion.
When looking for a solution I came across a few links:
here and here.
Both looked very promising but refer to a nonexistent IBM Support page where one can download patches to remedy the issue.

Being unable to download the files from the IBM support site I found direct links to download the files I needed. I’ve posted them here in the hope of saving people some time.
PASWStatistics_1803_Mac_Patch.dmg
IBM%20SPSS%20Statistics%2018.0.3.4%20Hotfix%20Mac.zip

Tagged , , ,

19 thoughts on “SPSS on Lion

1. Shane says:

Thank you so much – you are a lifesaver.

2. cherry says:

thank you ,it means use these 2 software so that we can use spss on lion? please forgive my poor english,thank you

• Hi Cherry,

The two files are needed to follow the instructions here which will allow you to use SPSS on Lion.

Cheers,

• cherry says:

You are so nice!~I do appreciate your help~!I am a freshman of Mac,and I am studying for it…..If I have other problems, Maybe I will come back to ask you again, I hope you don’t you mind it^^ Thanks again…

3. Ayesha says:

Thanks a lot. You just saved my life. I have been trying to fix this for 2 weeks now. I can finally do my final year project 😀

4. alicia says:

This looks really helpful!!! But I still have a question… where did you download SPSS v18 for lion? Thanks so much!!!

• Hi Alicia,

I had a preexisting license for SPSS v18 purchased from my university bookshop. The above downloads are just updates to make it work on newer mac operating systems.

Cheers,

5. happel says:

works perfectly, thx 🙂

6. lousen says:

You just made my day!

7. chris says:

No graphs in SPSS Lion had been driving me crazy, this works perfectly, thanks!

8. Fernanda says:

Hi, Does anyone know how can I get SPSS Lion for free?

Thanks

9. Zé Manel says:

Hello! Thank you for this patch! It looks awesome but i’m having some problems installing it.. It keeps trying to install it in the “NULL” disk and says it doesnt have space.. I don’t know what it is, but i have tons of space in the normal disk.. Could you help me? Thank you!

10. Darcy says:

Thank you!!!!!
    Really, you made my day.

11. Darcy says:

So a few days after patching, I am once again doing analysis and graphing. But every time I close SPSS, it creates a crash report. Not a big deal as I am closing the program anyway, but weird. Guess I’ll live with it since I only need SPSS once in a while. Thanks again Martin.

12. Sander says:

Thanks you very much! saved me a lot of trouble!

13. Corinna says:

thank you so much!!! you made my day!!!!:-)

14. Your Amazing! Thank you so much, IBM really needs to have better public support.